We’re here to help. Call us today on  041 983 8708

Separations Ireland

Married couples and civil partners can agree to terms in which they will live separately by entering into a separation agreement.

Couples need to sort their affairs quickly and so we will explain the two means and types of separation agreements that they enter into below.


A Deed of Separation

Couples can agree the terms of their separation through mediation with legal advice or through their respective solicitors.

Once the terms can be agreed, then they will be written up in a Deed of Separation.

A Deed of Separation is suitable for couples who can reach agreement quickly and who have relatively straightforward financial circumstances. There are lower costs than litigation and it can be a more beneficial approach for the future relationship between the parties.


Judicial Separation

When a couple cannot agree the terms by which they will live separately, an application to the courts for a decree of judicial separation can be made by either party

It may also be that one party wants to progress a separation and the other party does not – in such circumstances the only way to finalise a legal separation is to issue Judicial Separation proceedings. Even though proceedings are issued, the case may not end up in court and it may settle in advance of any hearing.

Judicial Separations are granted by the Circuit Family Court or the High Court. They can grant a wide range of Orders covering all aspects of a separation, around areas such as property, maintenance, access orders, and orders splitting pensions.

Why choose Tallans to represent you in your Separation matter?

At Tallans Solicitors, we have substantial experience in all aspects of family law. Over the years we have helped hundreds of our clients to resolve difficult situations affecting their families. Our highly skilled solicitors, specialists in the area of family law, have built up a large and successful reputation in this area.

Above all, in dealing with issues of family law we:

  • Act with understanding and empathy
  • Ensure the highest level of confidentially
  • Seek the most amicable arrangement
  • Aim to resolve the matter outside of the courts

If you need any help, please call us today. The law is there to support you.

Call our Family Law Specialists today on  041 983 8708

Talk to Tallans Today