Cerebral Palsy Claim Solicitors – Drogheda, Ashbourne & Dublin
The law is there to support you. If you have been subject to medical negligence, you may seek compensation.
We’re here to help. Call us today on Drogheda : 041 983 8708 Ashbourne : 01 835 2027
What is it?
Common types and causes?
Medical negligence in cerebral palsy cases often involves a failure to:
- Deliver the baby early enough or by caesarean
- Monitor the baby’s heartbeat
- Respond to the umbilical cord being wrapped around the baby’s neck
Types of Injuries?
- Failure of medical personnel to deal competently with an abnormal CGT trace and respond to changes in the baby’s heart rate. CGT is a monitor that tracks the baby’s heart rate and provides an indication of the well-being of the baby.
- Failure to recognise/treat/respond to a mother’s high blood pressure or toxaemia (this is blood poisoning from a bacterial infection).
- Misuse of Oxytocin/Syncline used to induce or accelerate labour.
- Injuries caused during delivery by forceps/vacuum.
- Injuries caused to the baby due to placental abruption or even incompetently performed resuscitation of a sick newborn.
- Leaving the baby in the birth canal for too long, leading to a lack of oxygen. This is known as intrapartum asphyxia.
- Failure to perform caesarean section where necessary.
We Look After Your Case
How do these claims arise?
Medical negligence claims can occur under different circumstances. Some examples of medical negligence include:
- During surgery where there is an error.
- A misdiagnosed patient.
- Medical practitioner fails to act, notice an illness or medical need.
- Medical care is below the standard expected from a medical practitioner.
- A medical practitioner causes injury, loss of quality of life, or in some cases, leading to death.
Medical practitioners that may be attributed to the negligence of various injuries and illnesses are:
- Medical Consultants
- Plastic Surgeons
- Lab Technicians
The list can also include various members of a medical facility, either in the private or public sector.
What do you need to be able to claim?
Once you have gathered all the relevant information in relation to your injury it is then time to move forward with your claim. It is important to use a specialist medical negligence solicitor to help you with this.
1. Speak with a solicitor
2. Obtain medical records
3. Letter of Claim
What is the claims process?
In order to be able to claim compensation for a failure to diagnose an illness in Ireland, you must have suffered harm as a direct result of the failure to diagnose illness. Your medical condition must have deteriorated significantly as a result of a failure to diagnose illness, and your medical records must show this. They must also show that the symptoms that you originally visited a doctor about were accurately recorded. When assessing compensation claims for a failure to diagnose illness, your medical records will be used by medical experts to determine whether a competent doctor should have identified the signs of an illness under the same circumstances, and would have been able to diagnose the illness and taken action to avoid you from suffering an injury.
Medical Negligence Specialists
1. Team of Experts on Speed Dial
Tallans are the only solicitors in the North East who have a team of medical experts in the UK on every medical speciality – gynae, cancer, surgery and much more.
2. Expertise on Compensation
Tallans are well experienced in understanding compensation levels when it comes to medical negligence cases. Sheila, our Managing Partner, was chosen to sit on the HepatitisC Compensation Tribunal and witnessed first hand the anguish of victims.
3. Advise on the Value of a Case
The solicitors at Tallans, due to the level of expertise can advise on the value of a case. Medical negligence is hard to prove. The law in Ireland states that you need an expert report from a suitably qualified expert. In addition, Sheila’s experience in medical knowledge is itself phenomenal because of the amount of cases she has worked on.
4. Liaise with other solicitors
There are a few expert medical negligence solicitors around the country. Tallans is one of them and they all liaise with each other.
5. Confidence is guaranteed
While Orla and the team are actively pursuing cases in a variety of medical negligence cases, we are not shouting it from the roof tops. Your confidentiality is more important to us.
6. Medical Negligence is traumatic enough
Being hurt by the medical profession is traumatic enough. Now, you don’t have to travel far to speak with medical negligence expert solicitors in Drogheda and Ashbourne.
Talk To Tallans Today
We use our expert knowledge and 130 year’s experience to give you the voice you need. We use non-legal language and provide practical and impartial advice through every stage of the process!
At Tallans, our dedicated medical negligence solicitors have years of experience in helping people deal with traumatic medical injury claims. We understand the injuries, both physically and emotionally, that you have suffered and have supported and helped many people in similar situations proceed with medical negligence claims in Ireland over the past 30 years.
Want to know what it’s like to work with Tallans Solicitors? The best way to find out is to see what past clients have said.
In a recent claim, Tallans Solicitors were superefficient and provided great service. I was very nervous coming in to see a solicitor but Orla Shevlin put me at ease straight-away. I found Orla very easy to talk to and knew I could trust her 100%.
I was extremely happy with the outcome of my case… Tallans were able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I have no hesitation in recommending Tallans to anyone.
From day one, Tallans Solicitors were transparent, clear and supportive regarding my case. They had a personable yet highly professional way in which they presented themselves. From day one, they were on my side. I will now go to them for all legal advice in the future and recommend everyone to seek advice and services from Tallans in Drogheda.
About Tallans Solicitors
We draw on more than 130 years of experience in personal injury law to provide you with expert advice and legal services.
We’re here to help you with your claim, and will work with you to ensure you understand every step of your legal journey.
Our friendly and experienced team are waiting to answer your call. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5.30 pm on 041 983 8708 (Drogheda) and 01 835 2027 (Ashbourne) or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back.