Civil Partnerships & Cohabitation Solicitors – Drogheda, Ashbourne & Dublin
The law is there to support you. If you need help while experiencing any issues relating to family matters or domestic relations, please call us today.
We’re here to help. Call us today on Drogheda : 041 983 8708 Ashbourne : 01 835 2027
What is it?
Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act of 2010. The court may on the application to it on behalf of either of the Civil Partners or by any other person who in the opinion of court has a sufficient interest in the matter make one or more of the following orders in relation to a Civil Partnership.
1. An order declaring that the Civil Partnership was at its inception a valid Civil Partnership 2. An order declaring that the Civil Partnership subsisted on a date specified in the application 3. An order declaring that the Civil Partnership did not subsist on a date specified in the application other than the date of its inception. 4. The court may only make an order if one of the Civil Partners is domiciled in Ireland on the date of the application. 5. Has been ordinarily been resident in Ireland throughout the period of one year immediately preceding the date of the application 6. Dies before the date of the application and was at the time of death domiciled in Ireland or had been ordinarily resident in the state throughout the period of one year immediately preceding the date of the application.
The courts can make property adjustment orders, pension orders, Maintenance orders etc.
Tallans Solicitors LLP can assist you with advice and preparing the application for court and provides a nationwide service.
A qualified Co-Habitant means an adult who was in a relationship of Co-Habitation with another adult and who immediately before the time the relationship ended whether through death or otherwise was living with the other adult as a couple for a
1. Period of 2 years or more in the case where they are the parents of one or more children and 2. 5 Years or more i any other case
The court has the Jurisdiction to make property adjustment orders, Pension Adjustment Orders, Maintenance Orders and Custody and Access orders and any other orders within the Jurisdiction of the Courts.
Tallans Solicitors LLP can advise and assist you with the preparation of the application and provides a service in Dublin and across the North East.
What types of Family Law Cases can we help with?
We Look After Your Case
How long will it take?
We understand that most people seeking legal advice regarding family law, have liked experienced a difficult time before they reach out and are cautious as to how long the process of resolving these issues may take. For the majority of cases, mediations take place with the goal of reaching lead to an agreement; therefore the duration is mostly governed by the speed of those mediations. At Tallans, we advise that unless an agreement is distinctly achievable within the first few months, that proceedings are suitable as the court timetable then becomes a factor in the resolution time. As an example, in financial proceedings following divorce, the initial court appointment is marked for 3 months after the issue of proceedings with the court. If an agreement is not reached before that meeting and/or terms are not agreed at court at the appointment, then a further date would be set by the court for roughly 3 months later and so on.
How can we help?
We will consider the options and help you make an informed decision as to whether a divorce is appropriate for you and if so, when it would be in your interests to start the process.
- We are issue focused and will look to achieve practical, and cost-effective solutions for your divorce proceedings.
- We will signpost you to a network of third party support to assist you through the process of your divorce.
- In the unhappy event of you considering a divorce we will address the following:1. How to minimise the emotional and financial cost of your divorce 2. Alternatives to a divorce; there may be other suitable options 3. Issues involving your children, for example, where they live and the time they spend with each of you; 4. Financial issues arising from your separation and possible divorce; 5. The options for resolving issues e.g. mediation
Talk To Tallans Today
We use our expert knowledge and 130 year’s experience to give you the voice you need. We use non-legal language and provide practical and impartial advice through every stage of the process!
Why Choose Tallans?
At Tallans Solicitors LLP, we have substantial experience in all aspects of family law. Over the years we have helped hundreds of our clients to resolve difficult situations affecting their families. Our highly skilled solicitors, specialists in the area of family law, have built up a large and successful reputation in this area. – Act with understanding and empathy – Ensure the highest level of confidentially – Seek the most amicable arrangement – Aim to resolve the matter outside of the courts
Want to know what it’s like to work with Tallans Solicitors LLP? The best way to find out is to see what past clients have said.
In a recent claim, Tallans Solicitors LLP were superefficient and provided great service. I was very nervous coming in to see a solicitor but Orla Shevlin put me at ease straight-away. I found Orla very easy to talk to and knew I could trust her 100%.
I was extremely happy with the outcome of my case… Tallans were able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I have no hesitation in recommending Tallans to anyone.
From day one, Tallans Solicitors LLP were transparent, clear and supportive regarding my case. They had a personable yet highly professional way in which they presented themselves. From day one, they were on my side. I will now go to them for all legal advice in the future and recommend everyone to seek advice and services from Tallans in Drogheda.
About Tallans Solicitors LLP
We draw on more than 130 years of experience in personal injury law to provide you with expert advice and legal services.
We’re here to help you with your claim, and will work with you to ensure you understand every step of your legal journey.
Our friendly and experienced team are waiting to answer your call. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5.30 pm on 041 983 8708 (Drogheda) and 01 835 2027 (Ashbourne) or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back.