Divorce Solicitors – Drogheda, Ashbourne & Dublin
The law is there to support you. If you need help while experiencing any issues relating to family matters or domestic relations, please call us today.
We’re here to help. Call us today on
Drogheda : 041 983 8708
Ashbourne : 01 835 2027
What is it?
A divorce allows both parties to terminate their marital relationship and remarry having been granted a decree of divorce.
The Grounds for a Divorce are as follows:
– The parties must have been living apart for a period of two years out of the previous three years.
– There must be no reasonable prospect of reconciliation between the parties.
– The courts are in a position to make Property Adjustment Orders, Pension Adjustment Orders and Maintenance Orders, access and custody orders and domestic violence orders namely safety and barring orders and any further orders subject to the Jurisdiction of the court.
An application for a Decree of Divorce may be made in either the Family Circuit Court or the High Court and Tallan Solicitors are here to help you with the application and to give you advices in respect of the procedure. and will deal with such applications nationwide.
What types of Family Law Cases can we help with?
We Look After Your Case
Tallans Solicitors are the North-East’s largest law firm. With us, you’ll get jargon-free legal advice that you can depend on.
Our solicitors are experts in their specific areas of practice, ensuring that you, our client, gets the best possible legal advice and personal attention.
Established in 1899, trust Tallans to do the best for you, whatever legal issues you may face. Talk to Tallans today.
How long will it take?
We understand that most people seeking legal advice regarding family law, have liked experienced a difficult time before they reach out and are cautious as to how long the process of resolving these issues may take. For the majority of cases, mediations take place with the goal of reaching lead to an agreement; therefore the duration is mostly governed by the speed of those mediations. At Tallans, we advise that unless an agreement is distinctly achievable within the first few months, that proceedings are suitable as the court timetable then becomes a factor in the resolution time. As an example, in financial proceedings following divorce, the initial court appointment is marked for 3 months after the issue of proceedings with the court. If an agreement is not reached before that meeting and/or terms are not agreed at court at the appointment, then a further date would be set by the court for roughly 3 months later and so on.
How can we help?
We will consider the options and help you make an informed decision as to whether a divorce is appropriate for you and if so, when it would be in your interests to start the process.
- We are issue focused and will look to achieve practical, and cost-effective solutions for your divorce proceedings.
- We will signpost you to a network of third party support to assist you through the process of your divorce.
- In the unhappy event of you considering a divorce we will address the following:
- How to minimise the emotional and financial cost of your divorce
- Alternatives to a divorce; there may be other suitable options
- Issues involving your children, for example, where they live and the time they spend with each of you;
- Financial issues arising from your separation and possible divorce;
- The options for resolving issues e.g. mediation
Talk To Tallans Today
We use our expert knowledge and 130 year’s experience to give you the voice you need. We use non-legal language and provide practical and impartial advice through every stage of the process!
Why Choose Tallans?
At Tallans Solicitors, we have substantial experience in all aspects of family law. Over the years we have helped hundreds of our clients to resolve difficult situations affecting their families. Our highly skilled solicitors, specialists in the area of family law, have built up a large and successful reputation in this area.
– Act with understanding and empathy
– Ensure the highest level of confidentially
– Seek the most amicable arrangement
– Aim to resolve the matter outside of the courts
Want to know what it’s like to work with Tallans Solicitors?
The best way to find out is to see what past clients have said.
In a recent claim, Tallans Solicitors were superefficient and provided great service. I was very nervous coming in to see a solicitor but Orla Shevlin put me at ease straight-away. I found Orla very easy to talk to and knew I could trust her 100%.
I was extremely happy with the outcome of my case… Tallans were able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I have no hesitation in recommending Tallans to anyone.
From day one, Tallans Solicitors were transparent, clear and supportive regarding my case. They had a personable yet highly professional way in which they presented themselves.
From day one, they were on my side. I will now go to them for all legal advice in the future and recommend everyone to seek advice and services from Tallans in Drogheda.
About Tallans Solicitors
We draw on more than 130 years of experience in personal injury law to provide you with expert advice and legal services.
We’re here to help you with your claim, and will work with you to ensure you understand every step of your legal journey.
Our friendly and experienced team are waiting to answer your call. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5.30 pm on 041 983 8708 (Drogheda) and 01 835 2027 (Ashbourne) or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back.