Sales & Purchase Conveyancing Solicitors – Drogheda, Ashbourne & Dublin
The law is there to support you. If you require any assistance in relation to purchasing or selling a property, talk to Tallans today.
We’re here to help. Call us today on Drogheda : 041 983 8708 Ashbourne : 01 835 2027
What’s the role of a solicitor in the process?
There is a lot of paperwork to be gone through but we will deal with a lot of that for you. Our job is to tell you what you need to know in a way that is understandable and concise. On your Purchase, Tallans will review the Contracts and title documents provided by the seller and raise any queries that need to be dealt with before you can sign Contracts. We will also review your Loan offer and flag any areas of concern. Once the purchase has completed, we look after paying your stamp duty, registering you as owners of the property in the Property Registration Authority and sending your title deeds to your lender as security for your loan. On your sale, Tallans will review the title deeds to your property early in the process so that any potential issues can be addressed in a timely fashion. We will then draft and issue COntracts for Sale together with copy title documents to your purchaser’s solicitors for review. Any queries will be dealt with in co-operation with you and a closing date set. A big part of handling a client who is both selling and buying property is managing the movement of money in such a way as to ensure you get to where you need to be when you need to be there. We have a dedicated finance department who ensure the figures are always right.
What types of Conveyancing can we help with?
First Time Buyers
Sales & Purchases
Landlord and Tenant
We’re here to help.
What are your next steps??
On your sale, we need you to do a bit of homework for us;
- 1. Photo ID and proof of address within 6 months for each Vendor
- 2. Proof of PPS Number for each Vendor
- 3. Local Property Tax Payment History showing tax paid up to the end of the current year and in the correct band
- 4. Proof of residence for 2009 – 2013 for NPPR Tax exemption or receipts for payment if not Vendor’s principal residence
- 5. Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate, if relevant
- 6. Mortgage Account number and Lending Institution, if relevant
- 7. Copy Deed of Waiver/Court Order in relation to previous Marriages/Civil Partnerships
- 8. Confirmation of any extensions/alterations whether requiring Planning Permission or not
- 9. BER Certificate & Report
- 10. List of contents included in sale
- 11. Proof of registration of Septic Tank if relevant/li>
- 12. Map suitable for First Registration purposes if unregistered title (Tallans can put you in touch with a mapper if assistance is required)
- 13. If property was let in preceding 2 years – copy tenancy agreement, RTB registration number, details of rent/security deposit, Tenants name etc.
- 14. Up to date receipt for payment of Service Charge and contact details for Management Company if relevant.
What documents do you need?
We will need the following from you;
- Contact details
- Photo ID
- Proof of Address
- Proof of PPS number
- Copy Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate if relevant
What does Annual Percentage Rate (APR) mean?
Annual percentage rate refers to the annual rate of interest charged to borrowers and paid to investors. APR is a % that represents the actual yearly cost of funds over the term of a loan. This includes any fees or additional costs associated with the transaction, but it does not take compounding into account. The APR provides consumers with a bottom-line number they can easily compare with rates from other lenders to help them in their decision making process.
What is a Top-up Mortgage?
A top-up mortgage is a home loan that allows homeowners to borrow more money by accessing the equity they've built in their home.
If you already have a mortgage you may be able to increase or top-up your mortgage to extend or improve your home, cover educational expenses or give a parental gift. Some mortgage lenders may allow you to use a mortgage top up to consolidate short-term debt. Whether you can top-up your mortgage will depend on your lender’s terms and conditions.
What other costs can I expect when purchasing a home?
There are multiple costs associated with buying a home. These include lending agency fees, legal fees, buyer’s survey fee, mortgage protection insurance, home insurance and stamp duty.
What is an application fee?
A loan application fee is an up-front, usually nonrefundable charge for submitting a loan application such as for a mortgage.
Talk To Tallans Today
We use our expert knowledge and 130 year’s experience to give you the voice you need. We use non-legal language and provide practical and impartial advice through every stage of the process!
Why choose Tallans?
At Tallans, our dedicated Conveyancing solicitors have over 100 years of experience in looking after the needs of our clients.
- Fast, friendly, and reliable service
- Dedicated Conveyancing staff
- Experience on your doorstep
- Convenient parking available
Want to know what it’s like to work with Tallans Solicitors LLP? The best way to find out is to see what past clients have said.
In a recent claim, Tallans Solicitors LLP were superefficient and provided great service. I was very nervous coming in to see a solicitor but Orla Shevlin put me at ease straight-away. I found Orla very easy to talk to and knew I could trust her 100%.
I was extremely happy with the outcome of my case… Tallans were able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I have no hesitation in recommending Tallans to anyone.
From day one, Tallans Solicitors LLP were transparent, clear and supportive regarding my case. They had a personable yet highly professional way in which they presented themselves. From day one, they were on my side. I will now go to them for all legal advice in the future and recommend everyone to seek advice and services from Tallans in Drogheda.
About Tallans Solicitors LLP
We draw on more than 130 years of experience in personal injury law to provide you with expert advice and legal services.
We’re here to help you with your claim, and will work with you to ensure you understand every step of your legal journey.
Our friendly and experienced team are waiting to answer your call. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5.30 pm on 041 983 8708 (Drogheda) and 01 835 2027 (Ashbourne) or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back.