Motorcycle Accident Solicitors – Drogheda, Ashbourne & Dublin
The law is there to support you. If you had an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may seek compensation.
We’re here to help. Call us today on Drogheda : 041 983 8708 Ashbourne : 01 835 2027
What are Motorcycle Accident Claims?
According to the Road Safety Authority, the most common types of motorcycle accidents and collisions occurred between 2 vehicles (63.4%), 1.1% involved a motorcyclist and a cyclist and 1.1% involved a collision between a motorcyclist and a pedestrian. In two-vehicle collisions, 70% were between a motorcyclist and a private car with the remaining 30% involving, trucks, jeeps, tractors or pickup truck towing a trailer.
What other road accidents can you claim for?
All types of physical and psychological injuries can form part of your claim.
We Look After Your Case
Tallans Solicitors LLP are the North-East’s largest law firm. With us, you’ll get jargon-free legal advice that you can depend on. Our solicitors are experts in their specific areas of practice, ensuring that you, our client, gets the best possible legal advice and personal attention. Established in 1899, trust Tallans to do the best for you, whatever legal issues you may face. Talk to Tallans today.
What injury did you suffer?
You can suffer many different types of injuries from someone else’s negligence. These injuries can come in many different forms. From shoulder, arm and leg injuries to occupational and psychological injuries, Tallans Solicitors LLP is here to help you with your claim and through the entire process.
What is the process?
Following a motorcycle accident, there are a number of steps you should follow:
1. Gather all relevant information at the scene
- Details of another driver(s)/people involved: name, address, contact information, vehicle registration number and vehicle insurance information. You can also offer your own information to the others involved in the accident.
- Name and contact details of any emergency service workers at the scene – paramedic/Gardaí.
- Take a picture of the scene and damage to all vehicles involved from different angles; this will help your solicitor understand how the accident happened.
- If there are any CCTV recordings of the accident, such as CCTV cameras in a nearby shop, for example, you should try to obtain this footage.
- Dash Cam footage – if you have any.
- Record the time and date of the accident.
- Weather conditions at the time.
- Receipt for repairs of damage to your vehicle.
- If possible, try to collect the contact details of anybody that witnessed the accident. This may be of use if you do decide to pursue a road traffic accident claim.
2. Seek medical attention
3. Report the incident to the Gardaí
4. Contact your insurance company
5. Speak to a motorcycle accident claims solicitor
What are the Legal Time Limits?
Formally known as the Statute of Limitations, the legal time limit for a personal injury claim is usually two years less one day after the date of knowledge of the injury. In many cases, the date of knowledge will be the date the accident occurred. In some cases, a person may not realise their injury until some time after the accident and in such cases, the clock starts from that date. For children who have suffered an injury, the process works a little differently. A minor cannot bring a claim forward themselves. On their 18th birthday, the clock starts at their two year time limit to make their claim. Alternatively, a parent or legal guardian can bring the claim forward on behalf of the child immediately after the accident. This is generally a more favourable option. As making the claim sooner rather than later means that it is easier to source reliable evidence to strengthen the child’s case. Important to note is that once the application to the Injuries Board is submitted, the clock stops on the two year time limit while they assess the claim.
What to do next?
Once you have gathered all the relevant information in relation to your injury it is then time to move forward with your claim. It is important to use a specialist motorcycle accident solicitor to help you with this.
1. Prepare information for a solicitor
- Date of the accident
- Location of the accident
- Details of the party at fault – including their name, address, contact information, vehicle registration number, insurance information. If the other party left the scene and you were unable to get their details – don’t worry there are still options for you to pursue a case
- If any emergency services attended the scene, and their details
- Specifics of what happened
- Details of your injuries
- Any pictures you may have taken of the scene of the accident and/or your injuries
- Details of any witnesses
- If there may be CCTV in the area that may have caught the accident on tape
- Hospitals/Doctors attended with your injury
2. Solicitor becomes your trusted advisor
3. Solicitor obtains a medical report
4. Solicitor prepares the Injuries Board application
5. Possible case outcomes
Talk To Tallans Today
We use our expert knowledge and 130 year’s experience to give you the voice you need. We use non-legal language and provide practical and impartial advice through every stage of the process!
Why Choose Tallans?
Tallans Solicitors LLP have over 100 years of experience in looking after the Personal Injury needs of our clients. Our Personal Injury team of solicitors, legal executives and secretarial support are here to ensure your transaction completes as efficiently and easily as possible. We will provide you with a quotation of the costs involved upfront and will always discuss any additional outlay with you in advance.
- Fast, friendly and reliable service
- Dedicated Personal Injury staff
- Experience on your doorstep
- Convenient parking available
Want to know what it’s like to work with Tallans Solicitors LLP? The best way to find out is to see what past clients have said.
Sheila & Orla I cannot ever thank you enough for the support that you have shown throughout. Any questions I had were answered honestly and any advice was always in my best interest. Although I was struggling through the physical and emotional side of my injuries I never once had to worry about my case because I knew you had it covered. If anyone out there is looking for an amazing legal team to look after them I cannot recommend Tallans Solicitors LLP highly enough.
I was extremely happy with the outcome of my case. I didn’t know what personal injury was until I slipped and fell. Thankfully Tallans were able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I have no hesitation in recommending Tallans to anyone for any personal injury claims.
From day one, Tallans Solicitors LLP were transparent, clear and supportive regarding my case. They had a personable yet highly professional way in which they presented themselves. From day one, they were on my side. I will now go to them for all legal advice in the future and recommend everyone to seek advice and services from Tallans in Drogheda.
About Tallans Solicitors LLP
We draw on more than 130 years of experience in personal injury law to provide you with expert advice and legal services.
We’re here to help you with your claim, and will work with you to ensure you understand every step of your legal journey.
Our friendly and experienced team are waiting to answer your call. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5.30 pm on 041 983 8708 (Drogheda) and 01 835 2027 (Ashbourne) or you can fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back.